How long will it take to reply?
We are obliged to comply with our FOI Act obligations promptly and within 20 working days following the date we receive your request. If we need to ask you for clarification of the request, the 20 working day period does not start until that is received.
How much will it cost to make a request?
A lot of information may be supplied free of charge. At times we may have to charge for FOI requests, for example if the request is going to take longer than 18 hours. However you will always be informed in advance if a fee will apply and you then have time to consider whether or not you would like to continue with your request.
Some times it is not possible to provide you with the information you require. This is due to a number of exemptions that are in operation. For more information please visit the Information Commissioners Office website
Complaints and review process
If you feel that NHS Medway has not supplied you with information in accordance with the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act and wish to make a complaint or request a review regarding any of the following:
- A refusal of a request for information under Freedom of Information (FOI) Act
- Dissatisfaction with a response to a request
- The Trust’s Freedom of Information
- Non compliance with the scheme
Please write to:
Freedom of Information Team
NHS Kent & Medway
Medway Wharf Road
Tel: 01732 375200
What we will do:
- Acknowledge the complaint
- Review the procedure and the handling of the request in conjunction with the Freedom of Information Act. The re-evaluation will be carried out by members of staff more senior than the staff member who dealt with the original request for information. The senior staff member will be independent, in that they will have not been involved in the original request for information
- A fresh decision will be made on consideration of all the factors relevant to the issue
- A one-stage review should be completed in 20 working days. In exceptional cases it may be appropriate to take longer but even in those cases it should not exceed 40 working days.
If you are dissatisfied with the outcome of the re-evaluation you have the right to refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website for more information.